The 28th Colloquium on Pensions and Retirement Research will be held on 7-8 December 2020.
Co-hosted by CEPAR and the School of Risk & Actuarial Studies, UNSW Business School, this is a unique annual event bringing together academics, government and industry to discuss the latest research on pensions, superannuation and retirement.
The theme for 2020 is ‘Pensions, superannuation and retirement in a post COVID-19 world.’ The deadline for submission is 31 July 2020. Early career researchers, especially PhD students, are particularly encouraged to submit. A cash prize will be awarded for the ‘Best PhD Paper Presentation’.
To highlight the theme, we specifically invite submissions on the impact of COVID-19 on:
- Retirement savings adequacy
- Market volatility and pensions
- Pension and superannuation investment decisions and withdrawals
- Sustainability of public pensions
- Labour market participation and retirement decisions
- Unemployment and early retirement
- Superannuation and pension fund investment management
- Household financial decision making
- Health and aged care costs
Contributions are also welcome on other topics, which may include but are not limited to: retirement benefits, public pensions; sustainable fiscal policy; taxation of pensions; regulation and performance of pension and superannuation funds, choice architecture and defaults; housing as a retirement resource, inequality and pensions; financial product disclosure; financial literacy, financial education and financial advice; fintech solutions; cognition and financial decisions of the elderly; retirement planning; demographic trends; longevity and healthy life expectancy; gender issues in pensions and retirement.
Expressions of interest to be included on the program of the 28th Colloquium on Pensions and Retirement Research are now open. A Submission Form is available here. Please email the completed form along with a 300 word abstract and a full paper or an extended abstract (around 3 pages summarising background, method and results) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submission is 31 July 2020.
* The ever-changing COVID-19 situation is creating uncertainty in terms of future travel, both interstate and overseas. At this stage we are planning a face-to-face conference of local and international presenters, but if circumstances prohibit this, we will convert to an online event or a mix of face-to-face and online participation. International presenters are particularly welcome in all formats.