The Pension Research Council sponsors interdisciplinary research on the entire range of private pension and social security programs. Becoming a member of the Wharton Partnership Program via the Pension Research Council with your tax-deductible gift will support research projects, annual conferences, and special events.
Connect with industry experts at our annual Symposium, covering topics of timely interest to members.
Engage your institution in the social, economic, legal, actuarial, and financial implications of the PRC’s research.
Support scholarly research on global aging, successful retirement, and public and private pensions.
Executive Director Level Membership ($50,000+)
Executive Director level members are entitled to all of the below, plus:
- Consult with Dr. Olivia S. Mitchell of the Pension Research Council about how to structure a customized Executive Education program on retirement security, in collaboration with Wharton’s Exec Ed team.
Director Level Membership ($25,000-$49,999)
Director level members are entitled to all of the below, plus:
- One speaking engagement per year for clients or top management by Pension Research Council Executive Director Olivia S. Mitchell (subject to availability)
Associate Level Membership ($10,000-$24,999)
Associate level members may:
- Send up to three participants to the annual Pension Research Council Symposium at the Wharton School.
- Attend a special dinner hosted by the Council in the fall.
- Propose individual and/or team-based long-range research projects based on Members’ research interests, to be carried out under the aegis of the Pension Research Council.
- Receive information about Executive Education offerings sponsored by the Aresty Institute of the Wharton School, and work with Wharton to design custom training by special arrangement.
- Work with staff to identify students for engagement via the Field Application Project.
- Receive important pension and benefits books published by the Pension Research Council.
- Receive reports on “breaking” research in the form of working papers, affording access to important and policy-relevant analysis in a timely manner.
- Participate in dissemination via media contacts and the Internet.
Associate Level Members:
- Almanac Realty Investors
- Capital Group
- Federal Reserve Employee Benefits System
- FINRA Investor Education Foundation
- International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans
- Investment Company Institute (ICI)
- J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
- Prudential Financial
- Smart USA
- State Street Global Advisors
- T. Rowe Price
- The TIAA Institute
- Willis Towers Watson
As a member, you’ll become part of the Wharton Partnership Program.
The TIAA Institute is partnering with the Wharton School’s Boettner Center/Pension Research Council at the University of Pennsylvania to solicit research proposals focused on financial wellness and behavioral finance. Read More
The Pension Research Council at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania is pleased to announce that Capital Group has rejoined the Council as an Associate Level Member of the Council for 2021. Capital Group has been a PRC member since 2016. Read More
The Pension Research Council at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania is pleased to announce that Prudential Financial has rejoined the Council as Associate of the Council for 2021. Prudential Financial first joined the PRC as an Institutional Member in 1995. Read More