The TIAA Institute & Boettner/Pension Research Council (PRC) Partnership
Call for Proposals on
Financial Wellness and Behavioral Finance
Proposals due May 16, 2022, 5:00 p.m. EST
The TIAA Institute is partnering with the Wharton School’s Boettner Center/Pension Research Council at the University of Pennsylvania to solicit research proposals focused on financial wellness and behavioral finance. We have a strong interest in the following research topics but welcome proposals on other topics relevant to financial wellness or behavioral finance:
- Financial well-being tools and metrics;
- Demographic dimensions of financial well-being;
- Financial wellness programming;
- The impact of various forms of debt on financial wellness;
- Role of financial literacy in improving financial wellness.
- Household insurance, savings, and retirement income decisions;
- Behavioral dimensions of retirement plan design;
- Impact of choice architecture on individual decision-making;
- Behavioral dimensions of annuity demand;
- Behavioral effects of social insurance programs on retirement income decisions
Eligibility: Any faculty member with an active appointment at a U.S. college or university is eligible to submit a proposal, as are researchers with appointments at public policy research organizations. Junior faculty members are encouraged to apply and special consideration will be given to their applications. Final funding decisions will be contingent upon continued funding from TIAA.
- Innovative research that informs product and service development in the retirement industry, as well as public policy;
- Strong thought leadership at dissemination events highlighting findings; and
- Encouraging new researchers to join the retirement research arena.
The proposal deadline is May 16, 2022, 5:00 p.m. EST.
For more details, visit the TIAA Institute Grants page or download the full Call for Proposals here.