Olivia S. Mitchell, P. Brett Hammond, and Stephen P. Utkus, Editors
As the world’s population lives longer, it will become increasingly important for plan sponsors, retirement advisors, regulators, and financial firms to focus closely on how older persons fare in the face of rising difficulties with cognition and financial management.
This book offers state-of-the-art research and recommendations on how to evaluate when older persons need financial advice, help them make better financial decisions, and to identify policy options for handling these individual and social challenges efficiently and fairly. This latest volume in the Pension Research Council series, draws lessons from theory and practice, and will be of interest to employees and retirees, consumers and researchers, and financial institutions working to design better retirement plan offerings.
Publication date: October 5, 2017 · Oxford University Press · ISBN 978-0-19-880803-9
- Order online from Oxford University Press
- Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Introduction: Financial Decision Making and Retirement Security in an Aging World
Brett Hammond, Olivia S. Mitchell, and Stephen P. Utkus
- Chapter 2: Aging and Competence in Decision Making
Wändi Bruine de Bruin
- Chapter 3: Challenges for Financial Decision Making at Older Ages
Keith Jacks Gamble
- Chapter 4: Retirement and Cognitive Functioning: International Evidence
Raquel Fonseca, Arie Kapteyn, and Gema Zamarro
- Chapter 5: Choosing a Financial Advisor: When and How to Delegate?
Hugh Hoikwang Kim, Raimond Maurer, and Olivia S. Mitchell
- Chapter 6: Advice in Defined Contribution Plans
Gordon L. Clark, Maurizio Fiaschetti, and Peter Tufano
- Chapter 7: Seven Life Priorities in Retirement
Surya Kolluri and Cynthia Hutchins
- Chapter 8: Worker Choices About Payouts in Public Pensions
Robert L. Clark and Janet Raye Cowell
- Chapter 9: Aging and Exploitation: How Should the Financial Industry Respond?
Marguerite DeLiema and Martha Deevy
- Chapter 10: Understanding and Combating Investment Fraud
Christine N. Kieffer and Gary R. Mottola
- More PRC Books