News & Media
Download the latest PRC Newsletter [468K PDF]
- Allianz Asset Management Joins Wharton’s Pension Research Council as Director Level Member
- The Vanguard Group Joins Wharton’s Pension Research Council as Director Level Member
- International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans Rejoins Wharton’s Pension Research Council as Associate Member
Financial Decision Making and Retirement Security in an Aging World
Olivia S. Mitchell, P. Brett Hammond, and Stephen P. Utkus, Editors
As the world’s population lives longer, it will become increasingly important for plan sponsors, retirement advisors, regulators, and financial firms to focus closely on how older persons fare in the face of rising difficulties with cognition and financial management.
This book offers state-of-the-art research and recommendations on how to evaluate when older persons need financial advice, help them make better financial decisions, and to identify policy options for handling these individual and social challenges efficiently and fairly. This latest volume in the Pension Research Council series, draws lessons from theory and practice, and will be of interest to employees and retirees, consumers and researchers, and financial institutions working to design better retirement plan offerings.
Time Discounting and Economic Decision-making among the Elderly
David Huffman, Raimond Maurer, and Olivia S. Mitchell
Aging and Financial Victimization: How Should the Financial Service Industry Respond?
Marguerite DeLiema and Martha Deevy
Workplace-Linked Pensions for an Aging Demographic
Olivia S. Mitchell and John Piggott
TOP DOWNLOADS OF THE WEEK
1. Social Interaction Effects and Individual Portfolio Choice: Evidence from 401(k) Pension Plan Investors
Timothy (Jun) Lu and Ning Tang
2. Lessons for Public Pensions from Utah’s Move to Pension Choice
Robert L. Clark, Emma Hanson, and Olivia S. Mitchell
3. Retirement Behavior and the Global Financial Crisis
Jason J. Fichtner, John W.R. Phillips, and Barbara A. Smith
4. Retirement Security and the Financial and Economic Crisis: An Overview
Raimond Maurer, Olivia S. Mitchell, and Mark Warshawsky